Originally founded in 1953 to support the growing Cowee Community, CCDO celebrates 60 years of community activity and support. During this period the organization has grown, not only in size, but also in it's importance to the Cowee Community.
CCDO works closely in support of the Cowee Volunteer Fire and Rescue. In addition, we continue to support local community interests in the Cowee School, as well as ongoing beautification efforts throughout the township. We have undertaken many projects throughout the years, including the restoration of Pleasant Hill AME Church and cemetery, and will continue to work for the preservation of the Cowee/West's Mill Historic District..
Cowee Community Development Organization is a 501(C) (3) Non-Profit Organization, led by an elected Board of Directors comprised of nine (9) members including: Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, and 5 directors.